Halloween Skull Sweater

It’s been a WHILE since I was excited about clothing. I don’t know why, but for the last year I haven’t seen something and thought, “YES I NEED THIS!” It’s probably a good/healthy thing though. I’m proud of myself for being able to say I could live without this or that. 

HOWEVER. I have been getting some targeted ads from ModCloth for this sweater:



I love it. I love it so much but I will say the price scares me away. I generally don’t love paying more than say, $20 for something seasonal like this (though 15 year old me would probably wear it year round – preferably with pink converse). 

I was willing to let it go and be delighted every time I saw it on Facebook. Then I was at Walmart and saw the dupe:



It’s only $15! But unfortunately I can't find the link online!

The differences are also incredibly subtle. The ModCloth sweater is more form fitting and it has buttons. Walmart’s is more flowy and doesn’t have buttons (which I will say does make walking around in the 60ish degree weather only slightly more challenging). 

I have no way of knowing how the ModCloth sweater fits or feels because I didn’t order it, but the Walmart dupe is super soft – especially after I ran it through the wash once. 

Honestly, it’s really perfect for the Halloween season. Growing up I thought I’d have to give up seasonal clothing because for the longest time it felt like there was nothing for people between the ages of child and elderly. Something that was more subtle than say, a woodland creatures sweater.

It’s October 9 and I’ve already worn it several times and will probably continue to wear it each week this month. 15 year old me would be proud. 

Comments

Popular Posts