What To Do With Leftover Halloween Candy

We had our first Trick Or Treat at our new house! We’re lame and Trick Or Treat was a factor in deciding what house we would buy. It didn’t disappoint – we had between 50 and 60 kids!

The only problem was, we had A LOT of candy left over. For $23 we got a 400+ piece candy bag from Aldi which I thought wouldn’t be enough so I also bought 4 bags of DumDums from the dollar store. We had maybe a third left of the Aldi bag of candy? 



Sean (my husband) suggested we make cookies out of the leftover candy and I loved the idea so much we made it happen over the weekend. I froze some of it for maybe an hour to make it more firm for chopping and used a chocolate chip cookie recipe. I just subbed out the chocolate chips for the candy. 



I call them Monster Cookies and I know there already is a thing called Monster Cookies but those are really like everything bagels in cookie-form. They have chocolate chips, oats, nuts, raisins, etc. They’re the trail mix of cookies. I’ve never had one but to me, it doesn’t sound that good. I think naming mine Monster Cookies makes more sense since they’re named after leftover Halloween Candy. 



Even after we made these, we still have candy left so I’ll try this again but maybe with a different cookie recipe. This one used baking soda and I’m interested to see what baking powder would do to the consistency. Either way, I would say these are a success! Sean said he can’t tell what candy he’s getting in a bite but I can – to me it’s very apparent if I’m getting Twix, Snickers, 3 Musketeers, or M&Ms. They’re good – especially the next day and it’s a good way to try to thin out the excess candy. 



Comments

Popular Posts