Caramel Apple Cookies

Caramel Apple Cookies
A lot of times I think, "I need to get off social media." And I do for a bit, but I get sucked back in. BUT, I've had incredible luck on there with certain things. Like because of certain influencers I follow, I've found great gifts for my family members that weren't on their wish lists. I've seen event listings for things I might not have known about otherwise (I don't know where else people would share these events?) 

I've also found really good recipes. I love cook books, but I've made way more recipes from what I've seen online and I don't know if that's bad or not. It's probably not. I'm probably over thinking it a bit ;) 

I got a sponsored ad for Betty Crocker Apple Cider Cookies and I will admit, that copywriting really got me as I'm sure it does most ladies who are considered "basic" but I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying these seasonal things. It's something to look forward to and it makes each season special. 

My problem with this recipe is it wants you to use instant apple cider drink mix, which I've seen before, but I think due to supply chain issues, it hasn't been readily available. You could, of course, order and wait for it, but I had all the fixins' for apple pie spice in my spice cabinet, and I figured it would be less chemical-y if I used that instead. I'm also impatient and once I see a recipe I'm excited about, I want to start IMMEDIATELY. 

So I used this recipe to make Apple Pie Spice.

I added ground ginger to mine because it gives it an extra kick. It might make it a bit more pumpkin pie spice-y that way, but I also didn't include cloves so I don't know what that makes mine in the end. Whatever it is, it's delicious.

Once I had this mixture, I added a teaspoon in the dry ingredients portion, and then a teaspoon in the sugar mixture they want you to make to roll with the dough balls. 

The other thing this recipe doesn't have is the caramel candy bits. I saw these at the store and thought they would be perfect in these cookies and I think I'm right. (I made a batch without caramels and they're still good). 

So that's it! This is a very Sandra Lee-esque recipe where you're using box dry ingredients, with some personal attention to details. It's quick, easy, and a real crowd-pleaser. Hope you enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts